[Click on Image to Enlarge] |
A landmark publication on the
Greater Blue Mountains, celebrating in images and words
one of Australia’s most popular and magnificent
wild regions. This is the latest book from resident
nature photographer, writer, naturalist and bushwalker
Ian Brown, who has been exploring the Blue Mountains
environment for more than 30 years.
Evocative natural history notes
introduce five photographic portfolios—Rock,
Land, Sky/Water, Life and Season. Superb large format
images display the richness and colour, life, light
and changing moods of the mountains. From the grandeur
of gorge, cliff and sweeping forest vistas to the exquisite
detail of bark, bush, waterfall and rock. Remote wilderness
to surprising views of familiar landmarks—Thirlmere
Lakes, Kowmung River, Wild Dog Mountains, Jamison Valley,
Grose Valley, Wolgan, Colo, Yengo, Gardens of Stone
and more. Includes images from the World Heritage nomination.
The main text tells the compelling
story of the environment through time, from Aboriginal
settlement to World Heritage listing in 2000.
128 pages, 270mm x 248mm, 81
colour images, 2 maps, 30,000 word text, bibliography.
Designed by Rodney M. Poole and produced in Australia to the
Please Click on the Hardback or Paperback version below to order:
AU$75.00 hardback (ISBN 097509890X) SOLD OUT
AU$35.00 paperback (ISBN 0975098918)
[Click on Image to Enlarge]
The 6th edition of this premium calendar features 15 fine images of the Blue Mountains by Ian Brown.
$35 (plus $8 postage within Australia, $20 overseas)
- Limited Edition (500 copies only)
- Landscape format, 350 mm wide by 288 mm high (to fit C3 envelope), wire bound
- 15 evocative photographs of the Blue Mountains, big landscapes and intimate details, all new and never before published
- Printed to the highest standards on chlorine free heavy art paper with soy-based inks
- Paper and printing company both certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Wholly produced in Australia (designed in the Blue Mountains, printed in Hobart)
- Monthly images with a white border, suitable for framing
- All images are from the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area and adjacent bushland
- Images captured on large format film (using a view camera) and high resolution digital equipment
- Informative captions plus dates of important conservation events in the Blue Mountains
- Moon phases and main public holidays, plus plenty of writing space on calendar days
- Available from September 2015
see example images please click here.